Frequently Asked Questions
- When will details of the Congress be posted on the website?
The agenda, faculty, and accreditation are posted on the website. Registration information and costs will be posted in October.
- Who is the audience for this conference?
Healthcare professionals who care for women, including physicians, advanced practice nurses, midwives, nurses, physician assistants, and allied health professionals. This includes Obstetrics and Gynecology, Family Practice, Internal Medicine as well as subspecialties. Policymakers and industry professionals are welcome.
- Do you provide travel grants or financial assistance for students or residents?
We provide greatly reduced rates for residents and students with proof of status. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to provide financial assistance or scholarships.
- Do you provide travel grants or financial assistance for poster presenters?
Unfortunately, we do not have resources available to provide assistance.
- Can I submit more than one abstract?
Each primary author can submit up to two abstracts. Additionally, an author may be included as a secondary author on up to 2 more submissions.
- Can I submit an encore abstract (one that has been presented elsewhere)?
We accept encore abstracts as long as the research is unpublished at the time of the Congress.
- Can someone other than the primary (first) author present the poster?
Any of the named authors may present the poster.
- Is attendance required for poster presenters?
Once an abstract is accepted, the presenter must register for the full conference and must be in attendance at the designated poster session in order for the poster to be presented.
- How do I get a letter of invitation for my Visa application?
Once an abstract is accepted, if you need a letter for your Visa, please contact us at this email address (email@example.com) with your request and we will provide a printable letter in PDF format stating that your attendance is required in order to present your research and represent your institution.
- I am having an issue submitting my abstract, what should I do?
Please be sure you have not gone over the word limit. Clear your cookies in your browser then try to resubmit it. Do not hit the back arrow in the abstracts portal—that will cause an error message to occur. If you continue to encounter an issue please send a screenshot of the error message to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include what type of browser you are using and the title of the abstract for our IT team to investigate the issue.
- I submitted an abstract and I want to register for the Congress but I want to wait until I find out my abstract has been accepted. If I don't receive notification until after the early bird registration expires how can I still get the early-bird registration rate? Can I get the member rate and the early-bird rate?
Once you receive your email notification that your abstract is accepted please contact our Conference Services Manager Nilda Rivera who can assist you with your conference registration. She can be reached at email@example.com or 914-740-2181.
You may wish to become an AWH member (or renew) for 2014 to receive the deeply discounted member early-bird rate. Please note you must sign up for 2014 membership before the early-bird registration rate expires on December 5, 2013 to lock in your member early-bird rate. This offer is valid for abstract poster presenters. For questions about membership contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-740-2128.